We had a long-term and diverse team, functioning in an established business
Leadership who have inherited challenges from the past
A team that does not trust each other or the leadership
A team that is scoring the lowest employee surveys across the business
A team that is no longer proud of what they do
A team functions when there is a clear purpose, trust and relationship. Take any of those away – and the team will struggle, in fact, you just have a collection of people who work in the same space.
This is the situation we were looking to help fix. To take a team that is barely surviving and make it a team that was thriving.
What did we do
- An overnight session with team to tell stories, to be human and to explore the unsaid, un-talked-about issues
- Define clear ambitions with HR and the leadership team so we know what we want to achieve
- Identify the Game Changers – those individuals who will defend the journey we’re going on
- Support the leadership with coaching that give them the tools and the equipping theuy need for the transition
- Remove the hierarchy and start building a network
- A leadership who have opened up to creating a new future that everyone can shape and build.
- A team that stand on the starting line of a journey to shift from hierarchy to network, from individuals to team, from fear to trust, form closed to open.
- A set of game-changers who will pioneer and drive the change.
- A new energy and a new excitement.
- A safe place
- A willingness to embrace uncertainty
Due to the nature of topics I deal with, I never explicitly refer to clients